This page is also available in
PRIVACY STATEMENT OF MMD-MONITORS & DISPLAYS NEDERLAND B.V.
MMD-Monitors & Displays Nederland B.V. (hereinafter “MMD”) aims to protect your privacy. In this Privacy Statement, you can read which personal data MMD collects from you and how it is processed. This Privacy Statement applies to personal data that is processed when you visit the Evnia website.
MMD uses the personal data you share with us to respond to your inquiries, to further improve our products and services and your experience. This Privacy Statement is intended to provide you with a clear overview of how MMD uses the personal data you provide, your rights and possibilities to manage your personal data and how MMD protects your privacy. It also states which personal data MMD collects when you visit this website, as well as how MMD uses your personal data and with which third parties these data are shared. In this Privacy Statement, you can also find out for what purposes your personal data can be used by MMD or its associated companies.
MMD reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement, for example due to legislative changes. The most recent version can always be found on this page.
This Privacy Statement has been updated on 19 October 2022.
For all correspondence concerning privacy-related matters, please contact the Data Protection Office of MMD by email at email@example.com.
With regards to this website, MMD acts as a data controller, and thus determines the purpose and means for the processing of personal data, and the provisions of this Privacy Statement apply, except where specifically mentioned otherwise. If reference is made in the following to MMD, this also means its subsidiaries. These subsidiaries of MMD are responsible for the processing of your personal data if you use the services of that company.
MMD uses the personal data you share with us to respond to your inquiries, improve its products and services and to offer you an optimal experience. By means of this Privacy Statement MMD provides you with insight into how it uses and protects your personal data and offers you the possibility to manage your personal data yourself. Insight is given into what personal data is collected about you when you visit our website, and with which third parties MMD shares your personal data. MMD uses your personal data for the purposes described below.
The term “personal data” as used in this Privacy Statement covers all information about an identified or identifiable natural person, in particular by means of an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more elements that are characteristic for the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. MMD collects various types of personal data including the following (if applicable).
MMD also collects personal data through the use of its website, for example:
Most of the personal data that MMD collects about you is information that you provided voluntarily, for example through our websites as listed above. Other sources through which your personal data may be obtained:
The personal data that MMD collects, for example when you apply for a position using trough the MMD website, are used for identification and authentication. MMD creates a profile for you with the information required to process your application. These can also be combined with personal data obtained through other internal and external sources. This personal data can be used for the following purposes:
1. Responding to your inquiries, improvement of products and customer services: your personal data are processed to create a profile of you with the aim to be able to respond to your enquiries, understanding how you use our products and services, enabling MMD to develop better and more relevant products and services and to improve the website(s). Processing in this way is necessary for the legitimate interest of MMD to respond to your inquiries, offer better products and services.
2. Retargeting: the MMD website can use techniques for retargeting, with the aim of showing visitors, who were already interested in the products and/or services, advertisements on partner websites. As far as retargeting takes place, this is done on the basis of your explicit consent.
3. Advertisements: collaborates with external partners, such as SSPs and DSPs that use tracking techniques to place advertisements on behalf of MMD on the internet. These partners collect personal information about your visits to website of MMD and your interaction in relation to, for example, advertisements. They will only collect this data insofar as you have given permission for the placing of cookies for marketing purposes.
4. Quality of data, profiling: if your personal data has been obtained through various sources, this data will be merged in certain cases to improve your understanding of your products and services (for example, data that you have provided directly, can be combined with data which are collected automatically, such as metadata, IP addresses, browser data, information obtained lawfully from third parties, and the like). This can be used to send you more personalized marketing messages or to create more effective marketing campaigns. Processing in this way is necessary for the legitimate interest of MMD to ensure that you receive the most appropriate offers of its products and to personalize your experience. You can opt out of combining personal data with the information obtained from other sources by contacting MMD.
5. Analyses: your personal data is used to perform analyses and investigations. Processing in this way is necessary for the legitimate interest of MMD to better understand customers and to ensure that services meet the needs of its customers. This concerns analyses, in which data (such as personal data and/or sensitive data obtained through the use of the MMD website) are combined and stored to:
6. Analysis of MMD itself: by anonymizing your personal data and merging with other personal data of customers, analysing the sales, supply chain and finances, determining how MMD performs and where improvements can be made. Processing of personal data in this way is necessary for the legitimate interest of MMD to measure how it performs and to determine how to improve it.
MMD will ask you for permission if it wishes to use your personal data for purposes other than those stated in this Privacy Statement. MMD will not use your personal data for other purposes before such permission is received.
MMD treats your personal information carefully and confidentially and does not share it with others other than those listed below.
Business units of MMD
Each business unit of MMD with whom you have contact may share a limited part of the personal data you provide with other business units of MMD for registration and authentication purposes. Processing in this way is necessary for the legitimate interest of MMD to be able to execute a contract with you or respond to your enquiries. Each business unit may share information from your profile with other entities of MMD if both entities are responsible for your personal data, or if the other entities act as our processors. Therefore, every part of the TPV group has access to all the data it is responsible for, so that it can comply with the law.
Each subdivision of the TPV group may share your personal data anonymously and in in an assembled format with other business units of MMD (such as the parent company of the group and/or if necessary other subdivisions of MMD) for trend analyses, is necessary for the purposes of their legitimate interest in analysing their performance.
With service providers
Personal data, which you provide when applying to a position within MMD may be shared with recruitment agencies. If necessary, your personal data will also be shared with third parties who process your personal data on behalf of MMD solely for the purposes and on the legitimate grounds described above. These can be third parties in the areas of hosting, transport, payment and fraud management, credit rating agencies and analysis platforms. Strict agreements have been reached with these third parties regarding the processing of your personal data, including the exclusive use of your personal data in accordance with the instructions of MMD and the law.
Judicial bodies or supervising authorities
MMD will release personal data if required by law or on the basis of a court decision, to protect your interests, for investigations by law enforcement or regulatory authorities, to protect and defend the property and legal rights of MMD and to ensure the personal safety of users of the MMD services.
MMD will in general keep your personal data 12 months from your last contact with us, unless a longer or shorter storage period is required by law, this is necessary in connection with legal processes, or is otherwise required for a particular purpose under the applicable legislation.
Below are examples to indicate how long MMD stores your personal data in relation to a specific purpose:
Unless otherwise stated, your personal data will be stored and processed within the European Union. Occasionally, your personal data may be processed outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) in a country that does not offer the same level of protection under European law as the country where you normally use your products and / or services. This may occur, for example, if a processor is located outside the EEA, or uses sub-processors from outside the EEA, such as suppliers of cloud solutions. MMD will take the necessary steps in such cases to ensure that your personal data are adequately protected, such as carrying out security assessments and drawing up processor agreements with recipients to ensure that they take the same or comparable technical and organizational measures as MMD, so that your data is adequately protected.
MMD does not, as data controller, process any personal data of children under the age of 16. If this happens unintentionally, steps will be taken to remove this data as quickly as possible, unless the law requires that this data must be retained. If it is known that a child is older than 16 years, but according to the law is considered as a minor, permission from the parent / guardian will be requested before the personal details of that child will be used.
MMD fully complies with the obligations laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation, with the principle of transparency as paramount. To this end, MMD has implemented means to ensure that you can exercise any rights in connection with the processing of your personal data.
If you use products or services or have created an account, you can view your personal data via these websites, if the functionality exists. If your personal data are not available by the relevant website, you can submit an application free of charge to gain access to this information.
Upon receipt of your request and details to verify your identity (such as a copy of your passport), you will be provided with a copy of the personal data held by us, the origin of the data, the purposes for which the personal data are used and the recipients. You can also indicate that certain changes in personal data, if you qualify them as incorrect or irrelevant, must be implemented. You can also have your personal data blocked, erased or completely deleted (right to be forgotten).
In some cases, we will ask you to "opt-in" or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data. For example, if you submit a service request by yourself via our website or if you have subscribed to our newsletters. If you do not want us to send you personalized offers or information, you can let us know by checking the appropriate box on the registration form or reply card, or by selecting "opt- out" on emails you receive. You may also contact us in writing to object to a certain use of your personal data, to limit its use or to request that your personal data be provided in a usable electronic format or to transfer it to a third party (right to data portability). All these applications are met by MMD within the framework of the legal obligations.
MMD will regularly update this Privacy Statement in order to keep it easily findable, error free and up-to-date and to ensure that sufficient information is available about your rights and that MMD ‘s way (s) of processing have been implemented in accordance with the law and continue to comply with it. If major changes are made to this Privacy Statement, you will be informed via the websites on which an updated version of the Privacy Statement is published.
MMD wants to cooperate with you in a good way and always find a suitable solution for complaints or care about privacy. If you are of the opinion that we could not help you with your complaint or care, you have the right to file a complaint via the website of your supervising authority. MMD is vested in the Netherlands and as such subject to the Dutch Privacy Supervisory Authority.
Middle East & Africa